First, can you give us some background about yourself?
I was a solid student but very impatient and easily distracted. I was okay at English but I always hated it. I cannot say I had any real aha moments.
What have you written?
An Historical Fiction entitled I Didn't Sign Up For This
Are you currently working on anything?
- Right now I am only in the very early research stages for two different projects.
How much research do you do for your writing?
- Quite a bit. I like to stay reasonably accurate on the real history contained in the story. I also like to keep the cultural aspects and geography in reasonable order.
What is your process like in the midst of writing a book?
- I just let it play out. If I do not feel very creative I just lie it down for the day. I have found the writing aspect quite easy and natural for the most part. It is difficult for me to write a lot each day since I still hold a full time job.
What does your routine look like when you get to the editing process?
- Read, Reread, and reread. That is the only way I know to do it. That is the point in the process where things start to get less fun .
Are there any software or apps that help you in your writing process?
- I use Dragon for dictation although I sometimes still spend a great deal of time editing what is dictated.
What do you do when you lose focus? Any tips for getting it back?
- Just lie it down for a day or so.
Tell us about your publishing process.
- I submitted my work to several smaller publishers. I was finally able to get one to take a chance. I am forever grateful.
Where can people find you and your work?
- See photo album J.D.'s Trail.
- On Amazon
If you would like to be part of the Author Interview series, click here.