First, can you give us some background about yourself?
- I was put into the habit of reading by my mother since I was young. English was my favorite subject until I got introduced to Science. I have pursued a career in Science but have always stayed in touch with the side that loved to read and fantasize.
I did not get into writing until I watched the movie Hellboy 2: The Golden Army where I just fell in love with the antagonist, Prince Nuada. His end was tragic and something I was unable to accept. So, I started writing fanfiction where he was the main character. My story has been read by thousands and received over a 100 reviews.
This experience gave me the confidence that I could write.
What have you written?
- Graveyard Rose- A Gothic Fantasy Romance
Are you currently working on anything?
- Yes, the second book in "The Rose Chronicles".
How much research do you do for your writing?
- I do background research for the history and culture of the places where the story is set.
What is your process like in the midst of writing a book?
- I try to write at least a 100 words each day. Sometimes, I would write over 3000. I try not to force myself because it will make it seem like a chore. I like to enjoy myself when I am writing.
What does your routine look like when you get to the editing process?
- It is easier to be in the editing process. I am much more efficient at this stage and also get very excited as I polish each chapter.
Do you have any quirks or rituals that help you achieve your writing goals?
- I love listening to music in the background. Also, tea helps!
Tell us about your work space.
- I use a rather large table, almost the size of a dining table. I like my laptop, my journal, my cup of tea and everything else within reach. The big space also makes it appear less cluttered.
Are there any software or apps that help you in your writing process?
- No. Good old MS Word is what I use.
What do you do when you lose focus? Any tips for getting it back?
- I try not to force it. If I am stuck in a plot, I would just relax and watch a movie or read a book. Worrying and obsessing never helps me. Sometimes, a chat with a friend helps clear my mind.
Tell us about your publishing process.
- I self-published through Amazon. I did all the formatting myself and quite proud of how well it turned out.
Where can people find you and your work?
- My book is available for free on Kindle Unlimited. For purchasing, go to the Amazon Kindle Store.